(Updated!) Graphic Designer/Production Associate
- Logo and ad creation.
- Cover design, book layout and copy-editing of novels and graphic novels.
- Preparing files for print and checking printer proofs
- Web design and development.
- Design projects for various departments.
- Assisting sales department with graphics as requested.
- Create covers, ads, and banners with graphic programs.
- Assisting marketing department with creation of PR emails and newsletters.
- Maintaining and creation of images for multiple websites.
- Produce marketing material for tradeshows.
- Ebook conversions and deployments.
- Database maintenance.
- Scanning books.
- Produce newsletters / catalogs / marketing collateral.
A qualified candidate should have:
- 3-5 yrs experience required in using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Creative Suites, CS3-CS5. Microsoft Office, Word, Excel etc.
- Skilled in Mac and PC; cross-platform usage required.
- Understanding of print and web graphics and formatting files for print and web.
- Understanding of basic HTML and CSS and other web programs a must. Front-end web development a plus.
- Knowledge or experience in formatting for epubs and other ebook formats a big plus.
- Savvy in usage of mobile smart devices, iOS, Android
- Working knowledge or experience in print publication and graphic design preferred.
- Understanding of graphic novels and manga preferred. Experience in comic-book/manga related industry a big plus.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Usage of Social Networking Sites, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, forums, Tumblr
- · Strong command of the English language, ability to write, copy-edit mandatory. Rewriting/creative writing for solicitation a big plus.
- Must be comfortable working with explicit, adult material, including Yaoi and Hentai.
- Must be able to follow work direction without contest, but at the same time able to take initiative and spearhead projects when assigned, while still maintaining daily duties and tasks.
Casual dress. Intern, freelance and part-time positions available.
- · Must be able to work in the Gardena, CA office
- · Local to Southern California, Los Angeles County is preferred.
- · For Immediate Hire!!!
Please send resumes and portfolios (links only) to Fred by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, fax, or mail using the following subject job description heading (very important to do; otherwise your submission will not be reviewed!): Graphic Designer/Production Associate
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE