- Receives, approves, and, when necessary, investigates client's accounts payable invoices.
- Utilizes QuickBooks Pro to record all accounting activity.
- Communicates (both in verbal and written form) with clients, client suppliers, vendors, and banking contacts.
- Handles mail and office supply ordering.
- Prepares appropriate schedules and reports as requested by the President.
- Deposits accounts receivables into company’s bank accounts.
- Handles payroll.
- Assists outside CPA on tax return preparation.
- Generates 1099's and Sales Tax payments.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by the President.
- Performs some Human Resources duties.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Minimum of two years responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting, preferably QuickBooks Pro.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English and Japanese, a plus but not mandatory.
- High School Graduate.
- Must be able to keep company matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Prior experience in Business Management preferred.
- AA Degree.
- Knowledge of insurance enrollment process.
- Knowledge of payroll process.
- Knowledge of publishing industry.
- Ability to start in November 2014.
A background check will be performed.
Please put “YOUR NAME- Bookkeeper” in the subject line when replying with your resume. Please attach resume as a PDF. If unable to do so, please insert the resume into the body of the email. Do not send other attachments as they will not be opened.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE